Heber runs a varied programme of after school clubs, run by both professionals in school and specialist tutors from outside the school. All clubs run for 10 weeks of the school term and are open all year round to children in Years 1-6. The programme of clubs on offer will vary from term to term, but we always aim to provide a good mix of sports, creative activities and languages. Clubs for children in the Reception year are available from January, once the children have settled into school life.
Our aim is to offer a wide and varied selection of after school clubs here at Heber. We continue to maximize the opportunities for sport based as well as other clubs, within the limitations of the space we have available.
We are very excited to offer our new Young Journalists club being led by Ms Regina. Regina has been successfully running the Heber Gazette, which has been hugely popular with the children. We will continue to run Taekwondo and Yoga, as well as Football, which will now be led by The Elms Sports in Schools. As this is a new partnership, we will start next term with Football but we hope to offer additional sports with Elms going forward. As always we are happy to receive your feedback.
How To Book
• The online booking system will go live on Saturday 7th December at 10am and will close at 8pm on Wednesday 8th January. All clubs will begin the week commencing Monday 13th January.
• To secure a place for your child at a club for the Spring Term please go to: https://heberschool.parentseveningsystem.co.uk
• Spaces in the clubs are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
• Each child can book a maximum of two clubs.
• Please note that if the system allows you to make the booking, the place is confirmed immediately and your child’s name will be added to the register.
• Clubs will run for 10 weeks from Monday 13th January until Thursday 23rd March 2020 (excluding half term week 17th – 21st February).
• If insufficient children sign up to a particular club, the club will not go ahead and we will let you know by Wednesday 8th January.
• Once you have secured your child’s place in a club on the online system, your child’s place is confirmed and payment becomes due.
• We would like to encourage all parents and carers to pay via ParentPay, our online payment system. The clubs you have booked will be available to pay via ParentPay on Wednesday 18th December.
• Alternatively, please make payment at the office by cash or cheque, cheques payable to Heber Primary School. When paying by cash please ensure you bring the correct money as change cannot be given.
• All fees to be paid by Friday 10th January.
• If you need a reminder of your ParentPay activation code in order to pay fees via Parentpay, please just ask and we can provide this.
NB. There is no charge for children attending after school clubs who are entitled to pupil premium. If you are unsure whether this applies to you, please speak to a member of the office staff who can check for you.
Conditions of club attendance
We are delighted to offer a range of after school clubs here at Heber. The clubs provide a stimulating environment in which the children can learn new activities and develop their skills even further. However it is vital that parents, carers and children understand the importance of the following conditions:
• All afternoon clubs will now run from 3.30pm – 4.30pm. Children must be picked up promptly at 4.30pm when the club ends. We do not have staff available to look after your child if you are late and it can be upsetting for the children who are not collected on time. Therefore failure to pick up your child on time could, unfortunately, result in him or her losing their place in the club.
• Given the change in start and finish time, it is not required for children to bring in a snack. If you do wish them to, children should only bring a very small snack such as piece of fruit. Please also ensure they have a water bottle.
• Good behaviour is a vital condition of club membership. Poor behaviour places an unreasonable burden on the club tutors, and creates a negative experience for the other children. Therefore, if children struggle with their behaviour at the end of the school day at their club, we will contact parents/carers to inform them that their children are no longer able to attend as it is not in their best interests. We hope this will not be necessary.
• If a child is absent for 2 weeks or more, their place may be given to another child on the waiting list.
Thank you for your support and we hope your child enjoys their time at their chosen clubs this term. For a full list of club, please see the list below.
|Reception - Year 2||£55|
|Ms Valentine||Reception - Year 2||£45|
|Lego||Mr Roszowski||Reception - Year 2||£45|
Year 3 - Year 6
|Knitting||Mrs Al-Ramah||Year 3 - Year 6||£50|
|Football||Elms Sport||Year 3 - Year 6||£55|
|TUESDAY||Art||Ms Spio-Garbrah||Reception - Year 2||£50|
|Reception - Year 2||£55|
|Arts & Crafts||Mrs Al-Ramah / Ms Andreea||Year 3 - Year 6||£50|
|Pop Choir||Ms Tosin||Year 3 - Year 6||£45|
|Spanish||Ms Valentine||Year 3 - Year 6||£45|
|Young Journalists||Miss Regina||Year 3 - Year 6||£55|
|WEDNESDAY||Contemporary & Street Dance||Ms Jacobs||Year 3 - Year 6||£55|
|Music Rock Club||Mr Treen||Year 1 - Year 6||£50|
|Computer Coding||Mr Adams||Year 5 - Year 6 ONLY||£45|
|THURSDAY||Spanish||Ms Valentine||Reception - Year 2||£45|
|Computer Coding||Ms Spio-Garbrah||Year 3 - Year 4 ONLY||£45|
|Yoga||Ms Francis||Year 3 - Year 6||£55|
|Taekwondo||Head Coach Daniel Walters||Year 3 - Year 6||£55|
|Film Club||Mrs Al-Ramah / Ms Andreea||Year 3 - Year 6||£45|