Autumn Term 2021
Heber runs a varied programme of after school clubs, run by both professionals in school and specialist tutors from outside the school. All clubs run for 10 weeks of the school term and are open all year round to children in Years 1-6. The programme of clubs on offer will vary from term to term, but we always aim to provide a good mix of sports, creative activities and languages. Clubs for children in the Reception year are available from January, once the children have settled into school life.
Our aim is to offer a wide and varied selection of after school clubs here at Heber. We continue to maximize the opportunities for sport based as well as other clubs, within the limitations of the space we have available.
Conditions of Club Attendance
We are delighted to offer a range of after school clubs here at Heber. The clubs provide a stimulating environment in which the children can learn new activities and develop their skills even further. However it is vital that parents, carers and children understand the importance of the following conditions:
- All afternoon clubs run from 3.30pm – 4.30pm. Children must be picked up promptly at 4.30pm when the club ends. We do not have staff available to look after your child if you are late and it can be upsetting for the children who are not collected on time. Therefore, children who are collected late could unfortunately lose their place in the club.
- It is not necessary for children to bring in a snack, particularly children in KS2. If you do wish KS1 children to have a snack, they should only bring a very small snack such as a piece of fruit. Please also ensure they have a water bottle.
- Good behaviour is a vital condition of club membership. Due to safety measures in place in school, it is very important that children are able to follow instructions during the sessions. Poor behaviour places an unreasonable burden on club tutors, and creates a negative experience for other children. If children persistently struggle with their behaviour at the end of the school day at their club, we will contact parents/carers to inform them that their children shouldn’t attend as it is not in their best interests. We will inform parents and carers of any behaviour concerns.
- If a child is absent for 2 weeks or more (unless due to sickness), their place may be given to another child on the waiting list.
- In accordance with Heber’s Covid-19 policies, in the event of a positive case of a child in the club, we will consult with Public Health England and all children in the club may be required to isolate.
- If a club needs to be cancelled for any sessions due to a Covid-19 case, a refund or credit will be provided for the sessions not run.
Thank you for your support and we hope your child enjoys their time at their chosen clubs. For a full list of clubs for Summer 2021, please see the list below.