The projects supported by the Parents & Friends are decided jointly between the committee and the school.
Our stated aim is that any P&F-funded project should be ‘to the benefit of every child in the school’.
Fundraising for the 2017-18 year is to be spent on:
- Subsidising the annual Year 6 residential trip (as every child who completes their journey at Heber will have a chance to benefit from this when they reach their final year.);
- The Year 6 Leavers Book;
- The Gardening Project (this year the children will be designing, planning and building their own Eco-Gardens for the school)
- Contribute towards the improving the playgrounds & outside space – The Parents & friends have committed to funding the installation of an Activity Trail (with soft flooring) in the Lordship Lane playground for Key Stage 1 and 2 children.
The Heber Community is always so supportive of the many events for Heber families organised by the P&F throughout the year, and there are other ways to support the fundraising efforts of the P&F too:
- Make a direct contribution to the Activity Trail via our JustGiving page and if you’re a UK tax payer, for every pound you donate, we receive an additional 20% in Gift Aid
- Encourage your child to get as much sponsorship for the Fun Run as possible.
- Use https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/heberprimaryschool/ to do your online shopping – every time you shop, the P&F receives a donation and it doesn’t cost you a penny!
- Find out if your company is one of the hundreds that does Match Funding.
An increasing number of large companies operate a match funding scheme whereby they “match” charity fundraising undertaken by their employees. These organisations set aside millions of pounds to fund such schemes and are more than happy to support their staff in raising money for charities of their choice. The amounts donated range from approximately £250 to £1000+ per employee per year.
Companies that we know operate match-funding schemes include:
Bank of America
JP Morgan Chase
Legal and General
Lloyds TSB / HBOS
Ernst and Young
|Royal Dutch Shell