After School Clubs
Heber runs a varied programme of after school clubs, run by both professionals in school and from outside the school. Each club runs for 10 weeks. The programme of clubs on offer can vary each term. Clubs for children in the Foundation Stage are available from January.
How To Book
- The online booking system will go live on Friday 29th March at 6pm and will close at 6pm on Monday 22nd April 2019. All clubs will begin the week commencing Monday 29th April 2019.
- To secure a place for your child at a club for the Summer term please go to: https://heberschool.parentseveningsystem.co.uk
- Spaces in the clubs are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Each child can book a maximum of two clubs.
- Reception children can now book onto clubs for KS1. Please book clubs which are age appropriate to your child
- Please note that if the system allows you to make the booking, the place is confirmed immediately and your child’s name will be added to the register.
- Clubs will run from Monday 29 April until Thursday 11 July (10 weeks in all, excluding half term week 27 May to 31 May). Please note the clubs on Monday will run for an extra week and finish on Monday 15 July, to make up for the missed May Bank Holiday session.
- If insufficient children sign up to a particular club, the club will not go ahead and we will let you know by Tuesday 23rd April.
- Once you have secured your child’s place in a club on the online system, your child’s place is confirmed and payment becomes due.
- We would like to encourage all parents and carers to pay via ParentPay, our new online payment system. The clubs you have booked will be available to pay for on ParentPay by Wednesday 24th
- Alternatively, please make payment at the office by cash or cheque, cheques payable to Heber Primary School. When paying by cash please ensure you bring the correct money as change cannot be given.
- All fees to be paid by Friday 26 April.
- If you need a reminder of your ParentPay activation code in order to pay fees online, please just ask and we can provide this.
NB. If your child is entitled to the pupil premium, there is no charge for after-school clubs. If you are unsure if this applies to you, please speak to a member of the office staff who can easily check for you.
Summer Term 2019
Monday 29 April until Thursday 11 July
|Club||Tutor||Age Range||No. of children||Cost|
|Mon||Athletics||Millwall FC||Years 3-6: KS2||16||£55|
|Knitting||Ms Al-Ramah||Years 3-6: KS2||10||£50|
|Yoga||Ms Francis||Years 3-6: KS2||14||£55|
|Spanish||Ms Valentine||Reception – Year 2: KS1||15||£45|
|Tues||Pop Choir||Ms Dyer||Years 3-6: KS2||15||£45|
|Drama||Ms Valentine||Reception – Year 2:KS1||15||£45|
|Art||Ms Andreea||Reception – Year 2:KS1||15||£50|
|Weds||New Morning Club at 8am prompt: Football||Millwall FC||Years 3-6: KS2||16||£55|
|Contemporary & street dance||Ms Jacobs||Years 3-6: KS2||15||£55|
|Racquet Sports||Millwall FC||Reception – Year 2:KS1||16||£55|
|Thurs||Photography (child to bring own camera)||Mr Roszowski||Years 5&6: KS2||12||£45|
|Film Club||Ms Dyer||Years 3-6: KS2||15||£45|
|Craft||Mrs Al-Ramah||Years 3-6: KS2||10||£50|
|Ukulele||Mr Treen||Years 3-6: KS2||12||£45|
|Cricket||Millwall FC||Reception – Year 2:KS1||16||£55|
|Yoga||Ms Francis||Reception – Year 2:KS1||10||£55|
- All afternoon clubs run from 3.45pm to 4.45pm.
- Children will need a camera for photography club. These can be left safely in the school office during the day.
- Wednesday morning football will start at 8am and finish at 8.45am, so prompt arrival at 8am is essential.
New Yoga Clubs!
- We are very excited to introduce yoga clubs at Heber. Kate Francis is a fully qualified children’s yoga teacher whose classes aim to provide a rewarding physical, emotional and social experience by incorporating the core values of traditional yoga with mindfulness. Her classes also incorporate gentle breathing techniques designed to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Children’s yoga is built on the foundation of respect for the child as an individual & creative being, and emphasis is placed on educating, empowering and exercising the WHOLE child. These fun classes often follow a storyline or through finding creative ways to explore the yoga poses, breath, wellbeing, compassion, mindfulness and relaxation.